Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 1 Favorite Places

Below are a couple of my favorite places to be:

1) Germany



Through my dad's employment with the Air Force (civilian, not military), my family had the opportunity to live in Germany twice. Once when I was very young for only one year, then again when I was eight for five years. Germany was such a beautiful country to live in! On our second tour, we lived in a small village named Stelzenburg. I always tell my wife that I would like to take her to my hometown in Germany someday.

Speaking of my wife, my next favorite place to be is:

2) At Home with My Wife



My wife and I got married on January 10th of this year, and have enjoyed every minute of living together. There's really nothing better than sitting with her (and our cat, Hamlet) on the couch and watching some movie that may or may not be any good.


Sources:

Flagmap of Germany. Websource: Wikimedia Commons.

Personal image of my wife, Hannah, and our cat, Hamlet; photo from July 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, that's great, Josh - I really like the idea of "at home" as a favorite place. And I agree! I love to travel... but I love just being home, too. And what a great picture of your wife and Hamlet. He's got that "don't bother me, I'm thinking" look on his face that is very appropriate for a cat named Hamlet of course. So, this all looks good, and I hope you will have fun with the class! We have Brothers-Grimm-oganza in the Europe unit at the end of the semester, and the stories they collected are one of Germany's great gifts to the world. Maybe that will be a reading unit you will want to explore! Enjoy!
    Brothers Grimm

    ReplyDelete