Friday, December 5, 2014

Finishing up





I don’t believe I have done a Famous Last Words post yet, but how fitting for me to do it at the very end of the semester during the final hours of this course. I suppose I will use my time here to write about my feelings after completing this course.

The reading. I loved the reading in this course. When I first decided to take it, I assumed that it would be all about Greek mythology. I was soon corrected. I’m glad that it wasn’t, though. As it turned out, the week on Greek mythology may have been one of my least favorite weeks. I enjoyed the diversity in the reading of this course. I also liked reading the stories other students wrote. Sometimes the number of these stories we had to read each week was a little overwhelming, but most of the stories were fun to read.

The writing. This course really helped spark my creativity. When I chose to write my Storybook on pride, I began to really look at the moral of each story I read to see if I could spin it in a way that would fit into my storybook. I liked retelling stories, too. However, I did not like commenting one bit. That part of the class was really dull for me. I found myself giving as small of an effort as possible when commenting on other students’ work.

The instructor. Professor Laura Gibbs was fantastic. She was really helpful and really encouraging with her comments on our work. The un-textbook for this class was unbelievably cool, because it made for a lot of freedom. This was one of the best online course set ups I have ever taken, and I am a senior who has taken at least one online course each semester. Great job!
Merry Christmas everyone!
John Leech illustration from A Christmas Carol. Web Source: D2L

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for these kind words, Joshua!!! I am pondering the whole comments dilemma: some people love it, some people don't, some people are in-between. I'll be using all this feedback to see what kinds of things could happen next semester that will give people good options to choose from... without things getting too insanely confusing, ha ha.

    And I am so glad you liked the Christmas poster. I love Mister Fezziwig from A Christmas Carol: spread the Fezziwig energy! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete