Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 3: Ovid's Metamorphoses (Books 8-10)

Philemon and Baucis: I want me and my wife to be like this couple! Living happily within their means, even if they don't have much to call their own. Their home may have been lacking with their small copper pot or their uneven table, but it surely wasn't lacking in spirit. I believe this is why the gods wanted to visit them. They didn't have the finest things, but they had the finest hearts and proved to be the best company.

Transformation of Philemon and Baucis: The story ends perfectly. All they wanted was to take care of what the gods had given them and to always do it together.

Achelous: Achelous talked real big about being a god while Hercules was only a mortal, but when push came to shove, Hercules showed true might. It could be a good "pride cometh before destruction" type of story, if I were to go that route with my Storybook. I like how it is told from a humbled perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment