Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 6 Reading Diary: Tibetan Folktales

These are stories from the Tibetan Folktales unit.

The Tiger and the Frog: This is a great trickster story. The tiger must have been very hungry to think he needed to go through the challenges, instead of just eating the frog.
The Donkey and the Rock: I'm not sure how the proverb fits into this story, but I love the story anyways! It reminds me of King Solomon's wisdom in court hearings.
How the Fox Fell a Victim to His Own Deceit: This story could fit into my storybook. I think I would want to rewrite it as a rich man who adopts two children after his wife dies. The first one becomes prideful and envious of the other. Could be an interesting adaptation.
The Ingratitude of Man: The irony in this story is fantastic. The traveler thought that only the man would be able to repay him, but instead the man brought the traveler much trouble and it was the animals who helped him.
The Wise Carpenter: This story reminds me of Spy vs. Spy. The carpenter really was smart to have the loud music played to cover the painter's screams.
The Story of the Two Devils: This story reminded me of a cartoon where the protagonist just happens to defeat the antagonist, with no real qualifications to speak of.
How the Rabbit Killed the Lion: This is an interesting pride story. He was blinded by it and could not see past the rabbit's lies.
How the Raven Saved the Hunter: Poor raven ):



No comments:

Post a Comment