Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 4: Arabian Nights


Scheherazade: the sultan was off-his-rocker with bitterness over his ex-wife. the grand-vizir being asked to offer his daughter reminds me of the biblical story of Abraham and Isaac. I liked how this story was a set-up for the following story
The Merchant and the Genius: I see where this is going. A bunch of stories within stories to stall the death of the grand-vizir's daughter
The Two Black Dogs: So far I can see a general theme of people being spared their death in these stories. I would venture to guess that the daughter of the grand-vizir will be spared in the end.
The Parrot and the Ogress: We are getting into Inception-style story now. We have the grand-vizir's daughter telling a story about a fishman who is teaching a lesson to a genie with a story about a king, whose vizir is jealous of the king's relationship with a physician, telling a story to his vizir about another king and his vizir. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment