Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 5 Reading Diary: Voyages of Sindbad

Sindbad: First Voyage: What a valuable lesson for Sindbad to learn! That if you are not careful with your money it will grow wings and fly away without a trace. I'm a Dave Ramsey kind of guy, so this stuck out to me.

Second Voyage: I love the way he kicks around the diamonds, since they are worthless to him in his situation.  Plus, the purpose of this voyage wasn't for riches, which he did get, but for adventure.

Third Voyage: I don't understand why they went back to the castle! If they were able to build rafts, they should have been able to build a shelter for the nights.
I like how Sindbad keeps finding his old crew and merchandise at the end of the stories.
Fifth Voyage: Surely this man is some sort of adrenaline junkie. With his constant restlessness, I would not be surprised to see him die in the seventh voyage. I didn't like when his shipmates killed and ate the roc
Sixth Voyage: I really wish that Sindbad would be able to share his fortune with his companions. In every voyage, all of his companions die and he is the sole survivor. It is madness.
Seventh Voyage: Nothing can be more true than when the merchant who took Sindbad as a slave said, "you must be under the special protection of Heaven." That's the only explanation for how Sindbad survived every voyage. Like the fifth voyage, I was upset about the killing of the elephants. At least the elephants provided Sindbad and the merchant with a way to collect ivory without hunting the elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment